The 2013 Lincoln MKS has earned the U.S. government’s top 5-star Overall Vehicle Score rating for performance in both frontal and side impact crash tests and resistance to rollover.
The MKS features redesigned airbag and restraint system enhancements. Plus, it provides active and passive restraint technologies and driver assist features to help drivers avoid potential accidents.
The Lincoln MKS continue to offer a full range of standard and optional safety and driver assist technologies for the 2013 model year including:
- Dual-stage driver and front passenger airbags: Deploy at high or low output based on occupant size, seat position and safety belt status, and customize the inflation force to the severity of the impact.
- Safety Canopy® System: Combines a side air curtain and rollover sensor to help provide protection for outboard first- and second-row occupants in certain side-impact and rollover situations.
- AdvanceTrac® ESC (electronic stability control): Standard on MKS.
- Curve Control: Senses when the vehicle enters a curve too fast. System responds to the driver’s steering input by rapidly reducing torque and increasing brake pressure to help the driver follow the intended path.
- Forward collision warning with brake support: Enabled by adaptive cruise control, provides a “heads-up” visual warning combined with an audio signal to alert the driver to slower-moving traffic ahead. The system also pre-charges the brakes to aid stopping.
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System™: Activates in the event of airbag deployment or safety belt pretensioner activation to alert passersby and emergency services to vehicle location by unlocking the doors and activating the horn and emergency flashers.
- Blind Spot Information System (BLIS®) with cross-traffic alert: Helps detect vehicles in blind spots during normal driving and traffic approaching from the sides when reversing out of parking spots.
- MyKey®: Allows parents or owners to limit certain vehicle functions to help promote safe driving habits for young or inexperienced drivers. MyKey includes the Belt-Minder® “No Belt, No Tunes” feature, which can limit top speeds and audio volume, provide earlier low-fuel warnings, and prevent deactivation of driver assist features (such as park aid and BLIS). New MyKey features include “Do Not Disturb,” which blocks incoming phone calls and text messages while driving, and the ability to block explicit satellite radio content.
For more information about the new 2013 Lincoln MKS, visit Planet Ford in Spring (serving The Woodlands, Greater Houston and surrounding areas) at www.PlanetFord.com.