Ready to hit the open road in your luxurious Lincoln for your holiday destination? Before you go, check out these great tips to help you stay safe courtesy of AAA.
1. Make sure your vehicle is properly maintained. If maintenance is not up to date, have your car and tires inspected before you take a long drive.
2. Map your route in advance and be prepared for busy roads during the most popular times of the year. If possible, consider leaving earlier or later to avoid heavy traffic.
3. Lock it up! Keep anything of value in the trunk or covered storage area.
4. Kid safe. If you’re traveling with children, remind them not to talk to strangers. Go with them on bathroom breaks and give them whistles to be used only if the family gets separated.
5. Be prepared. Have roadside assistance contact information on hand, in case an incident occurs on the road.
6. Are you connected? In case of an emergency, you should keep a cell phone and charger with you at all times. AAA and many other companies offer smartphone apps that enable motorists to request help without making a phone call.
Armed with these tips, we hope that you and your family have a safe and happy holiday! Remember, if you need a new Lincoln car or SUV or Lincoln maintenance, we are always here to help. Visit www.PlanetLincoln.com or take the short drive down I-45 in Spring (serving The Woodlands, greater Houston and surrounding areas).